Absolutely. FireflyPro captures .bmp, .jpg, and .AVI files which can be uploaded to most EMR/EHR systems. To select jpg as the default image format, go to “Device” > “Settings” and select “Image format”.
What do I do when my computer is woken-up from standby or hibernation and FireflyPro software stops working?
Please close and try restarting the FireflyPro software application again.
If you do not see a red LED light up on the Firefly but instead see a flashing red/green LED, please make sure you are using the original short USB cable while charging. Using a long cable will sometime not work properly.
When you plug in the mini-USB cable the LED on the device will turn red. If you do not see a solid red light, please try using the computer USB port instead of the AC charger or vice versa. If this does not solve the problem try another short USB cable.
The specula is not aligned – Move it from side to side until the circle is centered on your screen.
There is a lot of interference (visual artifacts and disturbances) on the screen, what can I do to get better reception?
Your camera may be experiencing interference from other wireless devices or may have weak signal strength. Please try the following steps:
- Look for a wireless channel with less interference by switching the wireless channel on both the camera and wireless receiver.
- Do not cover the back of the camera with your hand. This is where the antenna is located.
- Do not place the wireless receiver under metal desks, inside metal cabinets or near metal furniture.
- Eliminate as many physical obstacles as possible between the camera and the wireless receiver.
- Recharge the camera to strengthen its power output.
- Move 5.8GHz cordless phones away as they may cause interference.
- Tilt the wireless receiver up and down for better reception.
- Sometimes the receiver is getting too hot due to lack of proper ventilation, please improve the flow of air around the receiver to cool it down.
There are a few ways this issue could be resolved –
- Please press the “Select Device” icon (on the top left side of the software) and select the correct product. Press ‘OK’ and re-launch the FireflyPro software.
- Verify the LEDs are illuminated and the brightness dial on the side of the camera is at its maximum setting.
- For Wireless Devices – Try changing channels on the receiver and the device. Also, make sure your hand is not covering the back of the device – This can hinder the wireless signal.
If your setup requires a hub or multiple Firefly devices plugged into the same machine, please contact us to help with the configuration.
When upgrading from an earlier version of Windows to Windows 10 you will need to reinstall FireflyPro. FireflyPro can either be reinstalled from the installation CD included with your Firefly device or from the download page found HERE.
In September 2016 Microsoft released an update to Windows 10 called “Windows 10 Anniversary Update”. This version of Windows had the unintended consequence of breaking webcams for millions of users. Since our devices are recognized as a type of webcam, this included our Firefly devices as well.
Since then, Microsoft has been working on a fix for the issue and as of October 3rd a solution is available.
The fix is just the latest cumulative update from Microsoft. Please follow the steps below:
- Open the Start Menu by clicking the Windows Icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Click the “Settings” icon, which looks like a gear.
- Type “Check for updates” and click the “Check for Updates” option. This will force the computer to look for the latest Windows Update.
- After updating, restart the computer.
- Note: The computer may restart automatically.
FireflyPro should be working correctly again.
A recent Windows release has made a minor adjustment to some computer Camera Privacy Settings. If your computer has been affected, your FireflyPro application will open like the image below:
In order to resolve the issue, you will need to make one small adjustment:
- Go to your Camera Privacy Settings.
- Go to “Allow apps to access your camera”
- Change this setting from “Off” to “On”.
FireflyPro should now open correctly!