In September 2016 Microsoft released an update to Windows 10 called “Windows 10 Anniversary Update”. This version of Windows had the unintended consequence of breaking webcams for millions of users. Since our devices are recognized as a type of webcam, this included our Firefly devices as well.
Since then, Microsoft has been working on a fix for the issue and as of October 3rd a solution is available.
The fix is just the latest cumulative update from Microsoft. Please follow the steps below:
- Open the Start Menu by clicking the Windows Icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Click the “Settings” icon, which looks like a gear.
- Type “Check for updates” and click the “Check for Updates” option. This will force the computer to look for the latest Windows Update.
- After updating, restart the computer.
- Note: The computer may restart automatically.
FireflyPro should be working correctly again.
Posted in: Operation